Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Czech Nymphing

"THE CZECHS ARE COMING...THE CZECHS ARE COMING" This year, I will be showing some of you , in some places Czech nymphing techniques. I WILL NOT be discarding strike indicators anytime soon but there are places Czech nymphing will be deadly. The white and pocket water on the Black River comes to mind first and foremost. Like throwing streamers, I don't plan on doing it all day. The basics of the method are high striking, tight leaders from a bunch of weight, and seeing the hits in the leader....the flies: Czech Nymphs are: HEAVY WEIGHTED,slim ,have a hard shell back with wire rib , and are tied curved caddis hooks. To help see hits on the leader a "SIGHTER SECTION" is built into the leader with bright and contrasting colors....I'm using it in the .013 and .010 sections of my normal leader recipe. Book a May or June guided trip with me and I'll show you how to do it!