Friday, March 8, 2013

Apple Caddis

A Henryville Special variation....after TS Irene here in Vermont it seems to have induced the Grannom Caddis (brachycentrus appalachia):) otherwise known as Apple Caddis....their cases are all over the river bottom in the Battenkill. In 40 years of fishing the Battenkill, I have never seen the rocks so covered....hence, this spring we will have huge hatches and I am getting ready fly wise...this is a change to an old school dryfly...a Henryville special except instead of using duck wing quills I am now using CDC feather....much more durable! These are what the Apple caddis cases look like, my apple caddis worm, Kashner Apple Caddis pupa Do you need APPLE CADDIS FLIES for this May or want a guide who spends a little time on the water....give me a call or email