Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vermont Fly Fishing first week of June

THESE ARE HATCHING PUPA SOFT HACKLES....THEY ARE HOT PATTERN RIGHT NOW!!!

Overall the fishing is pretty good for most people. I think I am done now on the Black river in Ludlow....its bottom is getting pretty green and it is SLIPPERY....without our felts...lets all thank Rep. David Deen for not being able to wear felt bottom boots in Vermont....Mr. Deen lives in Putney, Vt.....East Creek in Rutland is another target I am thinking about moving away from....those fish are BEAT UP!!!.... The Battenkill, Walloomsac, Otter Creek and Mettawee are my main targets now....the little mountain brooks are going good too....most of you know how blunt I am....the month of May this year SUCKED....high water, Champlain is still over its banks....the guys who are fishing the KING are fishing in the woods...Benson still has a 22" of water where I like to park.... its been busy....I have some openings and can always fill your fly order needs....I have been tying lots of saltwater flies for guys lately....changed the wheel bearings on my boat trailer recently and taking motor to get a tune up....In my world if it isn't broke>>>>IT WILL BE SOON...fishing full time is not as easy as some of you think....my hot fly of the week has been a Hatching Pupa soft hackle behind a hide a bead nymph....Caddis emergers and pupa have also been getting the string tight for people....thanks for following....I have done a website remake on www.vermontfishingtrips.com check it out...new homepage, rates page, links page, some new photos and the fishing report page puts you into the blogs....GOOD LUCK and wade careful!!!