Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vermont Trout Season opens April 9, 2011.

Trout season here in vermont opens this weekend!!!! In 2 1/2 days....I have gear, tackle, flies, waders and rods in various stages of preparation all over my house...Lake St. Catherine and many of the lakes still have some ice.....one of my IDIOT buddy's is still icefishing....not in this camp....Saturday morning, I will be sticking wild Rainbow Trout with little black stones on a trib of the Mettawee, then I am going to catch some Brookies on the west branch of the Battenkill....next week the weather guy is talking mid 50s -low 60s.....there will be a black midge and blue quill hatch within about a week....Looking ahead, East Creek will be the place to be on April 26th....please stay tuned and as always....EAT, SLEEP and FISH!!!!!!!