Sunday, April 25, 2010

Battenkill region of Southern Vermont

We need some rain!!!! The water is low for this time of the year. I have seen some Hendricksons, Blue Quill and Black midge & caddis are still heavy in the afternoon. I picked a huge bag of fiddleheads on Friday....we are about 2-3 weeks ahead of our normal schedule. This week trophy areas on East Creek and Otter Creek will be getting fish....next week the Black River gets its first load of fish. Colton Pond is producing big brookies up to 16" and have heard reports that the Bass fishing is improving daily. This time of the year I am totally focused on fishing for Trout. This weekend was youth turkey hunting weekend.....they had great weather and the birds are REALLY TALKING. The puppy "Jake" saw his first couple Woodcock on Friday while I was out and about. This is an awesome time to be outdoors here in Vermont.....I have a couple VERY PRIME weekend dates still open....Call me.