Saturday, March 27, 2010

A well stocked vest part 1 of 4

This is the time of the year most guys are getting their gear ready....me too...so this posting will be a series of 4 parts and will be in a list form. Part 1 gadgets, tippets floatants, indicators....
i will be going through my vest with you. Part 2 Nymph/ wetfly boxes, Part 3 Dryfly boxes and part 4 Streamers. Stay tuned and tell your buddies.

Chuck Kashner's vest he uses to guide fly fishing in the Manchester, Vt. area:

*Fishpond Sagebrush Mesh Vest
*water bottle, bug dope, TP in ziplock, bandaids & waterprof medical tape in ziplock
*nipper on a zinger, forceps attached to a pocket, a pair of scissors in pocket(modify flies)
*white moutain black fly dope, dry&float powder, floatant grease
*tippet material: .019 (butt sections), 0X, 2X, 4X, 5X, 6X
*split shot, strike indicators: palsa stick ons (green, orange), thingamabobbers, poly-pro yarn in film container...you'll have to book a trip and I'll show you the yarn trick.
*Leader wallet with: 71/2' 0x, 71/2' 2X, 9' 4x, 12' 5X, 16' 6X I build knotted leaders there is an old post with my primary formula.

Later this week we'll look at my nymph boxes...please stay tuned