Monday, August 24, 2009

Vermont Fly Fishing for Trout

The fly fishing for trout this last week was pretty decent. I had total beginners all week so mostly it was learning to cast, learning to wade....all the things one needs to know to chase trout.
All week everyone had hits and several caught. One day on the sac my newbies caught 5 apiece.
Water.....we have great water levels....rain yes we have had rain. Bringing me to my next thought in this rant. If you won't fish in the rain....you have no business lining up a guide or for that matter even thinking about fishing. Some of my biggest Brown trout were caught in the rain...some of the best alltime days bass fishing were in the rain....even deer hunting....I've shot a bunch of deer on rainy days....Do I love standing in the rain...no but it's part of the deal on spending time outdoors.